Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day Nineteen of 30






     In having a conversation with a buddy of mine today, he expressed his displeasure with the new found information that his ex-wife has a live in boyfriend.  For the life of me, I couldn't understand why he was so vexed.  I always thought after divorce you had to let the other person go, totally. Not your job anymore.  You were fired or you fired the other person.  

     I just can't see wasting time and effort on someone else's choices, especially when they have nothing to do with you.  Sure, it sometimes affects the kids.  But if they are grown-ass adults, you'll have to let that crap go.  That was, in a nut shell, my talk with him.  But I do realize it does depend on the person and how much drama laden their life is.  

     I always try to lead a drama free life.  With that being sometimes impossible.  But I do try to keep it down to a minimum.  

     A co-worker told me once, "When get back on that dating horse after divorce, you have to tell the new prospect or yourself you want this relationship, no matter how it is defined, in a 'drama free zone.'"  Those words I tried to live by back in the day when I was kissing all those frogs. Because  'I'm the Love Firefighter.'


No comments:

Post a Comment