Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Twenty Four of 30



Should Have Asked Her Out......

Hanging out by myself on a blanket weekend,
Might see that I must find something to do.
Wishing you were here for our bodies to blend,
Should have had the nerve to ask you out without a clue

Maybe I'll just call the fellas tonight,
Hitting the bars and gaming most of the night.
Wasted my chance to ask you out the other day,
You could have been here keeping my hands at bay.

Next time I may have to courage to try,
Speak to you in front of your friends.
I might stand there seemingly stupid looking you in the eye,
The pain in my stomach just like the bends.

But, tomorrow starts a new week,
A date with you I shall seek.
Never thought I was this tough being this old,
Who knows what the future of us will unfold.

All I can do is what I can,
I make no excuses for the path I take.
I do realize that I am only one man,
Surely, one day, between us we'll experience the horizontal Shake n' Bake.






No comments:

Post a Comment